So today I decided to launch a new series on my blog called “Sunday Baking”. Baking or just cooking in general is one of my favourite things to do, especially on a blissful Sunday like today. During this series, I will bake whenever I feel like it, on Sundays! I’m so excited to share with you guys my favourite recipes and those that I come up with myself. Just the thought of this much baking makes me so excited for what’s to come!! Today, I decided to bake one of my favourite cupcake recipes, which is based on one that I found on Taste. The link is http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18854/mixed+berry+cupcakes . I hope you try these cupcakes, so you can experience how yummy they are! Leave any links to your favourite cupcake recipes in the comments, so I can see what sort of baking you love to do!
Cute cupcake liners are always a must for me, I got these from Wheel & Barrow!
- 125 grams of butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (a little more if you love it sweet, like me 🙂
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 250g of your favourite berries (I used frozen as they’re not really in season yet)
- Icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (mine is fan forced) and line your muffin pan with 12 medium sized cupcake liners.
- Beat your butter, sugar and vanilla in a large glass bowl on speed 4 of your electric beater, until it’s pale and creamy looking. One at a time, add the eggs and beat until well combined. Using a wooden spoon, fold in the flour and orange juice until combined.
- Using a ice-cream scoop (awesome tip!), spoon one scoop large scoop of mixture into each cupcake liner. Add around 5-6 berries onto the top of each cupcake and push down slightly. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until you can put a skewer in and it comes out clean!
- Once cooled slightly, dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
Thanks so much for reading and remember to leave your favourite recipes below!